Job Title: Laboratory Technologist/Technician
Essential Job Responsibilities:
- Specimen procurement including: phlebotomy, capillary blood collections, blood cultures, and when applicable indwelling catheter blood collections.
- Procuring and maintaining viability of other body fluids (ie: stool, sputum, urine, semen).
- Specimen processing using Epic EMR/Beaker LIS processes.
- Transport of in-house and reference laboratory specimens.
- In-house specimen testing including hematology, chemistry, microbiology, serology and urinalysis.
- Alerts physicians and/or nurses of critical laboratory results.
- Maintains quality control and quality assurance in the laboratory.
- Maintains proficiency testing for laboratory certification.
- Maintains and troubleshoots laboratory instrumentation.
- Complies with Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA) regulations.
- Participates in department and clinic meetings and assigned committee work.
- Communicates and cooperates with physicians and other departments to ensure continuity and quality patient care.
- Maintains regular scheduled hours.
- Maintains patient confidentiality.
- Other duties as assigned.
Education: Successful completion of medical technologist or medical laboratory technician program from accredited school. Bachelor’s or Associate’s degree.
Experience: New grad or have previous experience in a healthcare setting.
Other Requirements: ASCP registered or eligible or equivalent.
- Knowledge of medical laboratory principles, standards, applications, and tests.
- Knowledge of operation and maintenance of laboratory equipment and instruments.
- Knowledge of safety and infection control procedures.
- Skill in applying appropriate testing procedures.
- Skill in proper use, preventive maintenance, and repair of laboratory instrumentation.
- Skill in basic computer operation.
- Ability to exercise independent judgment, problem solve, make decisions, and use discretion in reporting results.
- Ability to establish and maintain cooperative relationships with patients, families, and staff.
- Ability to organize workload effectively and work quickly with high level of accuracy.
- Ability to bend, reach and stoop.
Email cover letter & resume to [email protected]
We are an equal opportunity employer and are committed to enhancing the diversity of our people, ideas and talents. We welcome all applicants without regard to race, creed, color, religion, national origin, gender, marital status, sexual orientation, disability, or age. Applications from members of underrepresented groups are strongly encouraged to apply.